Saturday 5 July 2008

Much More Coarse

In my dual life as amateur blogger and corporate drone, the corporate side occasionally intrudes alarmingly.

In August I'm being sent off Pevensie-child-style to the mysterious land of Mount Eliza to attend a week-long course on Business Leadership. I'm trying to see this as part of my ongoing quest to wring as many freebies as possible out of my otherwise soul-crushing corporate existence, but it's a little tricky.

Does a week of subjecting yourself to introspective self-analysis with a group of people possibly (gack!) serious about this stuff fall onto the credit or debit side of the spiritual ledger?

God, I can't believe I'm even thinking about it in those terms. Maybe it's already too late.

It's not even clear to me if there's WiFi access available. There better be. If I'm not able to vent my (no-doubt after 24 hours) ridiculously pressure-clamped spleen here in the blogosphere, I may just implode.

But there is one saving grace. One white horse heralding the cavalry on the horizon. One lone detail that may serve to make the week bearable.

Apparently there's free beer. I'll be looking to that to get me through it.
blog comments powered by Disqus