Saturday 9 August 2008

Gone Leadin'

Next week as previously reported, I'm off on a Business Leadership course.

It's a multi-day extravaganza, so it involves being away from work (and home) for a whole week . . . and I'm not sure what else.

It's all a bit Secret Squirrel with previous participants being irritatingly tight-lipped (so as not to spoil it . . . oh please) and the pre-reading is, it seems, deliberately vague.

Preparation has been minimal but interesting. Last week I got the results of a personality assessment, based on a survey of my workmates (boss, peers, and minions). This was followed up by a deconstruction of same with a psychologist, who pretty much managed to figure me out in one 55-minute session.

And apparently the personality flaws highlighted from all this are what I'll be working on next week. Can't wait.

So it sounds like I'm in for a week of delving into my own head, with the occasional excursion into someone else's to break the monotony.

The one thing that might keep me sane is if I'm able to blog from within the compound (yes, I'm choosing to think of this as an embedded-in-a-war-zone thing).

If not, I'll have to gather up all my thoughts and post them in a single diatribe when I get back.

I don't think anyone wants that. Here's hoping they have WiFi.
blog comments powered by Disqus