Friday 1 June 2007

Back on the blog again

Wow, it's been a slack week-and-a-half. But it's a new month, and there's a new resolve to hit that blog and hit it hard. Or something.

Maybe it's just Friday and I'm feeling the weekend stretching out before me like a big stretchy weekendy thing.

It's been a hell of a week, to be honest. Kate finished up at Andorra today, and begins at KCX next Wednesday. Being headhunted after two months in the industry is pretty good.

I could go into great detail about how Kate feels about this. But then you never know who's reading, do you? And quite frankly you can ask her yourself. Or she can get her own goddamn blog.

Love ya babe.

Anyhoo, Tom Black and the Caesars (aka The Band) will be hitting the studio to lay down some tracks next weekend.

(See how I can speak the speak? I am so goddamn rock.)

As a result we've panicked and decided that our usual approach of jamming every 4-6 weeks is probably insufficient. So we practiced last weekend. We're practicing this weekend. And we'll have another one midweek.

In related news, the lagerphone was sadly damaged last week when its precarious position leaning against the balcony door resulted in a fall onto a hard surface and the snapping of the handle.

I'm not pointing fingers, but the culprits know who they are. And it's not my fault for making the lagerphone from a weak piece of pine and making the handle too thin. It's just not.

A quick trip to Bunnings last night secured the necessaries for repair, so we'll see how it goes. Better be good. After all, there's a record to be made.

Naturally, recordings of the band will be available where all good pirate rock is sold.

Which for the moment will be just at our gigs.

1 comments:

Rob said...

My God, it's 10:18 and still no comments.
Maybe what Kate said in her blog is right. Maybe no-one loves you.

But I do because you have my car keys, and you're being a gentleman by coming down with them.


Viva la accordiono!